Shop for Personalized Children Books at ISeeMe.com!

Monday, September 10, 2012

Read Aloud Books

     Now some of you may know this but I didn't realize that just because you child is in school does not mean to stop reading to them. I thought that once my son was in 1st grade he should read alone. Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! You should keep reading to your children. One reason is it gives you bonding time. Two it encourages them to ask questions about new words. Three you can work on reading comprehension. You can ask them questions about the book and discuss the book together. Whatever reason 5 minutes is all you need to encourage reading.



    
Ten Rules You Absolutely Must Not Break If You Want To Survive The School Bus. By John Grandits

     Today I read a delightful book with my 6 year old son. Now when I started reading the book my son was not interested he wanted to watch tv. But as I started reading his attention was focused on the book. This book is to hard for my 6 year old to read but not to hard for him to understand. We really enjoyed the story line. Kyle is worried about his first trip aboard the school bus. So his big brother, James, gives him some advice. But Kyle soon discovers that the school bus isn’t so bad, and he may even have a  lesson for his brother. The art work is very good. The expressions on the main characters face were funny. We give this book a thumbs up for a family read. The book took about 5 minutes to read and we are still talking about it.

Tomorrow I'll be posting web sites with book lists for 0-2nd grade.
Happy Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment