Shop for Personalized Children Books at ISeeMe.com!

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

We Both Read



The Mouse in My House
The Mouse In My House
By Paul Orschski
Illustrated by Jeffrey Ebbeler
Reading level K-2

This new book I found at the library. It is a book where parents and children read the book together. I have read other books where parents and kids take turns reading but this one stands out. The story is good and the pictures will make you laugh as you read.

The point of taking turns while reading is to encourage a child to want to read. This book is great for a beginner reader or childern who do not like to read. By taking turns you can help your child read and understand the story. There are plenty of opportunities to raise your child's reading level with new vocabulary words. Together you can discuss the book, talk about the plot and look at the picture to understand new words.

This book is about a mouse who takes over a little boys house. The mouse is such a problem that the boy takes the mouse to the country. The mouse is chased out of the country and finds his way back to the boys home.

The book has rhyming words and new vocabulary in bold print. The book encouraged my son to make up his own rhymes that we incorporated into the story. The book made us laugh and feel closer together as mother as son.I was able to give my son some one on one time. I could see his confidence boost as he was able to read along. I won't give up these moments with my son for anything. Before you know it the kids are teens and in their own world.

Thank you to Treasure Bay for encouraging my son to read and letting me spend some quality time with him.

Happy Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment